October 2, 2008

Friday Show n Tell - October 3


Visit Raising 4 Godly Men for Show n Tell Friday.

I went on my first field trip of the school year last weekend. We got to go to Kennedy Space Center. I have been before but we got to see some things this time that we didn't have time for before. It's a big place!


My brother really liked the Robot Scouts show. He loves robots. I had been before and I thought he would like it. It helps you to learn what role robots play in exploring space.


This is a cool spinning ball with water. It has constellations on it.



These next two pictures are the vehicle assembly building. The second one shows the doors open and that was a special sight. We were there at just the right time.




Here is a space shuttle main engine. It is huge!




Next is a crawler. It is what transports the space shuttles to their launch pads. If I remember right they burn 40 gallons of fuel per minute and it takes about 7 hours to get a shuttle to the launch pad.




We also went to the Astronaut Hall of Fame. There you can see the actual Apollo 14 Command Module that went into space!




This is yo-yo that got taken into space. I thought this was pretty funny.



Here is some space food that the astronauts eat. At the bottom left is scrambled eggs. I thought they looked gross. Right below the tray in the middle is some M&M's. I think that would be the only thing I would eat!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How neat that you get to go to the Kennedy Space Center for field trips.
What an awesome 'field trip
report' your blog post is too! Let's go to space and just eat M&Ms. I liked your comment about that, it was funny.

Mrs. Marie

Anonymous said...

I thought the astronaut food looked gross too. My family went last year and it was lots of fun.
Your friend,
Ash

Anonymous said...

What an awesome fieldtrip! Great photos. I love the spinning ball.

Anonymous said...

We loved seeing Kennedy space center a few years ago. What a great field trip.
BLessings,
Dawn

Canadagirl said...

Ohhh I will for sure show the boys your post !! The boys wanted to comment last week but the week got away from us. Life is sooooooo busy with the harvest. They will stop by this week I promise.

I sure wished I lived near there to see all this NEAT stuff !!

Thank you for sharing
In Him<><
Mrs. Mary

Trina said...

Another Kennedy Space Ceter feild trip . . . did ya'll go together. Have a blessed weekend ;)!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place to go. We had a great time when we went - so much to see and do we spent two days there. Thanks for sharing your great photos.

Jennifer Hoots said...

I hope to take my kids there one day! You are a blessed boy!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

The Kennedy Space Center is a great place! I went there when I was in the 7th grade with my family!!! We loved it!!!

I would probably only eat the M & M's as well. Everything else looked gross to me too!!

It sounds to me like you had a great time!! I hope your brother did as well.

Thanks for sharing,
Miss Robyn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/