May 14, 2009

Book sale to benefit the animals


I am currently reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I found it at a book sale for $.50 (it's a paperback) and I also found the second book of the series, Eldest, for $1 (it's a hardcover). I enjoy checking books out from the library, but sometimes I'm unable to finish large books before the due date. Eragon is 497 pages and Eldest is 668 pages - see what I mean? I love to read so my family is always looking for used books at a great price. This book sale was to raise money for a local wildlife hospital. I am not old enough to volunteer at this hospital yet so buying these books was one way for me to help them. (Pictured above is a Barred Owl that cannot be released back into the wild and will live out her life at the wildlife hospital.)

1 comment:

Pam said...

That's great that you are helping wild animals like that. Our book sales around here always benefit the library.
Ash