October 24, 2008

Friday Show n Tell - October 24th

Visit Mrs. Mary for Friday Show n Tell!!




I got to go on a field trip the other day. It was at an airport and there were all kinds of airplanes you could see and go in. I liked checking out all the controls.




I got buckled in the bucket seat of an Army helicopter.




I met a pilot from Missionary Flights International and got to go in a DC-3 they use. The DC-3 is pointed up at a sharp angle so it was hard to walk in. I almost slipped and fell. They take missionaries and supplies to Haiti and the Dominican Republic. They also receive mail for the missionaries and take it to them.




I also met some Tuskegee Airmen. You can read more about them on this website and on this website. The man on the left was a mechanic during World War II and flew in the Korean War and Vietnam War. The man on the right was an instructor for the Tuskegee Airmen. They talked to me for a long time.

5 comments:

Andi Carter said...

Hey! How fun for you....
Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun :) Thanks for sharing!

~Mrs.Cuddles

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun. And you actually got to fly in the plane?
Your friend,
Ash

Anonymous said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful!! I wish I could've gone! I would've loved to speak with these two men who are living history books!!! How cool is that?!

It looks like you had a great time!!!

Thanks for sharing today!!
Mrs. Robyn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/

Jennifer Hoots said...

I think my 10 year old boy would really like a field trip like yours. :-)
Jenn